PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PAPER FORMATTING AND SUBMISSION
Please read the following steps carefully:
Steps for paper submission:
- Create your manuscript(s)
- Proof-read and check the format of your manuscript
- Create an EasyChair account for new users – (https://easychair.org/account/signup)
- Submit your paper through EasyChair – (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=africon2023)
Final manuscripts are to be submitted in EasyChair for review and accepted, registered, and presented papers will be submitted for consideration to be published in IEEE Xplore®.
Create your manuscript(s)
Create your manuscript as specified in the template provided. The title, author names, affiliations, etc. should strictly follow the format. Please don’t use author titles (Dr., Prof., Ing., etc.) in front of names and avoid using positions (Professor, Lecturer, Scholar, Ing., etc.). The paper title shall be in normal fonts (NOT CAPS).
You can download the IEEE Manuscript Templates here https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html.
Download the Microsoft Word – A4 (DOC, 30 KB) Template – Updated Jan 2019
Download the LaTeX (ZIP, 700 KB) Template – Updated October 2019
Download the Short Papers (DOC) Template
Download the Short Papers (PDF) Sample
Proof-read and check the format of your manuscript
Check and make sure that your paper is compliant with the guidelines provided in the templates above. Proof-read your work to make sure there are no errors in the document. Do not exceed six pages for full papers, three pages for short papers and one page for extended abstract.
Create an EasyChair account (for new users only)
Create an EasyChair Account by signing up at https://easychair.org/account/signup. Read their terms of service and pass a capture to prove that you are not a robot. Fill your first name, last name and email then continue. Follow the instructions as sent to your email.
Submit your paper through EasyChair
- Submit your paper to EasyChair using this link https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=africon2023.
- You’ll be prompted to login to your EasyChair Account. Then take an author role.
- Add the details of the author(s) and mark the corresponding author(s).
- Choose the track under which your paper is categorized.
- Enter a plain text of the Title and Abstract in the dialog box as provided.
- Add 3 to 5 key words in the dialog box. One word per line is required to characterize your submission.
- Upload your paper in PDF format (file extension .pdf)
- If you filled out the form and uploaded your paper, press the ‘Submit’ button ONCE. You’ll get an email notification.
Need more help using EasyChair?
Now you’ll seat back and wait for the review process and feedback within the stipulated timelines.
All the Best!
PLEASE NOTE: To be published in the IEEE AFRICON 2023 Conference Proceedings and to be eligible for publication in IEEE Xplore®, an author of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference at the full Author rate and the paper must be presented by an author of that paper at the conference. Non-refundable registration fees must be paid prior to uploading the final IEEE formatted, publication-ready version of the paper. Accepted and presented papers will be published in the IEEE AFRICON 2023 Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore® as well as other applicable Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases.
Information on Plagiarism
Papers are reviewed on the basis that they do not contain plagiarized material and have not been submitted to any other conference or periodicals at the same time (double submission). These matters are taken very seriously and the IEEE will take action against any author who has engaged in either practice.
For any queries regarding paper submission, please contact the Technical Program Chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org